Welcome to Elakand

Welcome to Elakand. There is my life where I pay bills, check e-mail, visit with friends, read, watch movies, and snuggle my cat. Then there is the life of my life where I have adventures in the medieval kingdom of Elakand with my troubadour, Sir Loriano of Vayne, and his whitewood kitarra.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Adventure: Escape from Wordpress

After reading a Self-Publishing digest about Wordpress websites I figured I’d check it out and look at examples of their services. One of these years I ought to get a website in addition to my blog. So I typed in wordpress.com and with a click of the cursor I discovered that my first name was unacceptable (they don’t love me) and my last name belonged to somebody else (I’ve been kidnapped!). I was then told I had to choose a theme. What theme? What is a theme? Why? Just viewing themes threatened to entangle me in a thorn forest of inappropriate alternatives--and cost me money. I just want to SEE the *&^% things! And furthermore they are sending me an e-mail to confirm my setup. No-o-o-o! All I have to hit Reply when it arrives to confirm my account. But I don't want an account! Aha! (rub hands together) I can abort the whole fiasco and delete the e-mail. However, if I do so will some fragments of ME hang forever on their website like bits of my soul left in purgatory when the rest has moved on?

I did the sensible thing and contacted SUPPORT. It took “chats” with 3-4 different techs to find where I have to go to hit DELETE for my account. That being done, I checked my e-mail and nothing  had come from Wordpress, Confirmation or otherwise, so I presume I am off the hook. Whew!
{Drumroll and trumpets

No comments:

Post a Comment