Welcome to Elakand

Welcome to Elakand. There is my life where I pay bills, check e-mail, visit with friends, read, watch movies, and snuggle my cat. Then there is the life of my life where I have adventures in the medieval kingdom of Elakand with my troubadour, Sir Loriano of Vayne, and his whitewood kitarra.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tidbits ...

Life After RWA
     I get a lot fewer e-mails. I was on two RWA listserves and some days I'd spend over half the morning just reading it. At times I wonder what everyone is up to.

New Book Cover
    I'm getting a new cover for Dark Lady's Stone. It's got a quite different feel from the first cover, but it's beautiful, and I can't wait for the Create Space/Print version to arrive. I'm making little changes in the front and back matter to accommodate it.

Blood Moon
     Don't ask how many astronomical phenomena I've slept through, but I was determined not to miss this. I set my alarm for 2:45 a.m. and donned my winter coat and fleece lap robe. We turned out all the house lights--kind of spooky to navigate through the darkness--and gathered on the driveway. The moon hung over the field, a shining silver sliver. (Love the alliteration.) Stars were glorious--Orion, Sirius, Taurus, Pleiades. We waited, but nothing seemed to happen. Then zing! The red shadow advanced, creeping over the bright silver and soon the whole moon was covered. We watched for about 20 minutes, then the cold got to us and we retreated into the warm house.

No comments:

Post a Comment